Introducing the K1 Dragon SKILLZ Program!
Martial arts training that targets the student’s stage of development in a manner that adapts to their social and intellectual curiosity while at the same time building skills that set them up for success. We make learning fun and educational. Our goal is to help your child be the best they can at everything they put their minds to.
Five and six-year olds are the most enthusiastic students. They love creativity and problem solving, which makes them ideal students in the Martial Arts.
How We Work-
- We cover one skill per class in order.
- In each class, we run a warm-up; deliver a mat chat about the skill; run two or three skill-building drills; have them demonstrate the skill to earn their skill-stripe.
- They must earn all 8 skill-stripes in order to graduate to the next belt level.
- Once they earn their next belt they will continue to run through all 8 skills earning their skill-stripes with more challenging curriculum as they advance to each rank.
- They graduate to the Dragon SKILLZ program after they have successfully completed all 9 belt ranks of the K1 Dragon SKILLZ. Program.
Dragon SKILLZ Explained- Progression Goals for White Belt
- FOCUS: Punching and kicking a pad that is thrown by an instructor standing one-step away from their side. They must be able to punch, and kick, a pad four times in a row in order to pass.
- TEAMWORK: Holding a kicking target for their partner while their partner does ten kicks. They must be loud while counting their partner’s kicks and hold the target tightly in order to pass.
- CONTROL: Stopping their body at attention position after running forward when an instructor says, “stop.” They must be at attention in less than three steps after the instructor says stop in order to pass.
- MEMORY: Demonstrating the three stage 1 block’s and three stage 1 strikes from memory. They must show the proper chambers and ending position for all of the moves in order to pass.
- BALANCE: Executing five front kicks without putting their foot down in between each rep. They must show full execution and retraction while keeping their knee chambered at belt level or higher in order to pass.
- DICSIPLINE: Demonstrating how to properly sit, take a knee, kneel on both knees, and stand at attention without moving. They must hold each position for no less than five seconds.
- FITNESS: Holding each static leg, arm, abdominal, and core exercise. They must not lose technique or else they have to start over. They must hold each exercise for no less than ten seconds in order to pass.
- COORDINATION: Performing left and right punching combinations on the mitts. They must hit the mitt with proper technique and also with the proper hand five times in a row in order to pass.