The Science of Self-Defense!
What is Combat Hapkido?
It is an internationally recognized system of self-defense training which is known for its extreme versatility and comprehensive discipline of self-protection. Combat Hapkido includes an extensive variety of strikes, kicks, join locks, pressure points, grappling, ground defensives, weapons disarming techniques and the use of selected weapons. Students learn dynamic concepts that are based on scientific principles of anatomy and biokinetics, as well as psychology and strategy. The emphasis is on redirecting the assailant’s force and controlling the attacker with minimum effort on the student’s part.
Just The Facts…
*Combat Hapkido is ages 13 and up.
* Combat Hapkido is 100% Self Defense. There are no forms (Katas).
* All Combat Hapkido kicks are directed to the lower part of the body.
* Combat Hapkido employs breakfalls and throws in a very limited manner.
* Combat Hapkido has no hard blocks or stances.
* Combat Hapkido teaches special firearms disarming techniques.
* Combat Hapkido contains a complete Ground Grappling program.
* Combat Hapkido, because it is flexible, dynamic and eclectic, continues to evolve.
* Combat Hapkido is not a sport and cannot be modified nor regulated to be one.
* There are no competitions, tournaments or championships
Joliet, IL 11/2015 Women’s Self Defense Seminar – TRU!
Founded by John Pellegrini in 1990, this style employs joint locks, pressure points, throws, hand strikes, and low-lying kicks, and trains practitioners to either counter or preemptively strike an imminent attack to defend one’s self. It also emphasizes small circular motion, non-resisting movements, and control of an opponent through force redirection and varied movement and practitioners seek to gain advantage through footwork, distractive striking and body positioning to employ leverage. All ranks are certified by local instruction and students are members of the International Combat Hapkido Federation.